General Terms of Service
You should read all of our terms carefully.
You may not, nor may you permit any third party, directly or indirectly, to:
- export the Services, which may be subject to export restrictions imposed by US law, including US Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. Chapter VII);
- access or monitor any material or information on any our system using any manual process or robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means;
- except to the extent that any restriction is expressly prohibited by law, violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on any Service, work around, bypass, or circumvent any of the technical limitations of the Services, use any tool to enable features or functionalities that are otherwise disabled in the Services, or decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer the Services;
- perform or attempt to perform any actions that would interfere with the proper working of the Services, prevent access to or use of the Services by our other customers, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, publicly display, republish, upload, post, transmit, resell or distribute in any way material, information or Services from Square;
- use and benefit from the Services via a rental, lease, timesharing, service bureau or other arrangement;
- transfer any rights granted to you under these General Terms;
- use the Services in a way that distracts or prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws;
- use the Services for the sale of firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, weapons or other devices designed to cause physical harm;
- use the Services for any illegal activity or goods or in any way that exposes you, other our users, our partners; or
- otherwise use the Services except as expressly allowed under these General Terms and applicable Additional Terms.
Compatible Mobile Devices and Third Party Carriers
We do not warrant that the Services will be compatible with your mobile device or carrier. Your use of the Services may be subject to the terms of your agreements with your mobile device manufacturer or your carrier. You may not use a modified device to use the Services if the modification is contrary to the manufacturer’s software or hardware guidelines, including disabling hardware or software controls—sometimes referred to as “jail broken.”
We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You provide your personal information at your own risk.
You are responsible for safeguarding your password and for restricting access to the Services from your compatible mobile devices and computer(s). You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or Square Account or any other breach of security. Notwithstanding Sections 20 and 21, in the event of any dispute between two or more parties as to account ownership, we will be the sole arbiter of such dispute in our sole discretion. Our decision (which may include termination or suspension of any Square Account subject to dispute) will be final and binding on all parties.
You consent to accept and receive communications from us, including e-mail, text messages, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provide to us. These communications may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems which will deliver prerecorded messages, including for the purposes of secondary authentication, receipts, reminders and other notifications. Standard message and data rates applied by your cell phone carrier may apply to the text messages we send you. You may opt-out of receiving communications by following the unsubscribe options we provide to you.